My name is Lauren.
And I believe in looking toward the light.
What does that mean to me?
It means believing in Christ. It means laughing. It means smiling at strangers. It means finding joy and meaning in the little things each day. It means loving—-loving deeply, selflessly, without conditions, and with your whole heart. It means seeking out the good and standing up against the unrighteousness and disrespect in the world. It means always having a song in your heart, and doing little dances in the kitchen while cooking. It means serving others, constantly bettering the spheres around you, and lifting those whose heads hang down. It means learning to overcome fears, weaknesses, and insecurities. It means seeking God, studying the scriptures, and always searching for eternal truth. It means embracing adventure. It means never settling for “just alright.” It means living with faith and hope and a peaceful assurance that everything we experience here will be for our good in the end.
So that’s what this blog is about! It’s my reflections on God, on life, and on everything else that comes along with them! It’s about how to find light in our daily walk through this world.
If you have any thoughts/questions/insights, feel free to comment on my posts!
Meanwhile, here are a few random facts about me:
- I am 22 years old
- I am the only girl in my family, with 4 great brothers that I wouldn’t trade for anything (no matter how annoying they were growing up)
- I served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 18 months in Rochester, New York
- I’m a nature lover (I’m especially a sucker for mountains and sunsets and whimsical walks through forests)
- I hate wearing black. Black shoes, black shirts, black pants, black anything…I can’t do it. I know, I’m weird. I’m too much of a color person.
- I’m really terrible at saying goodbye because I have a big heart and get attached to people easily
- I’m a huge fan of indie music
- I love watching TLC’s What Not to Wear
- I legitimately have the best parents on the face of the earth. They are the prime examples of selflessness, charity, loyalty, hard work, functionality, respect, and love. I wouldn’t be who I am without them!
- All I really want out of life is to be happy and feel loved and valued for who I am. Simple enough.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoy looking around!