You are NEVER alone. And if you ever feel disheartened or lonely, here are a few things you may need to be reminded of:
What to Remember:
1. You are beautiful!
2. You are important.
3. All the light, peace, protection, meaning, and happiness you gain in your life is because you have a Heavenly Father and Elder Brother, Jesus Christ.
4. They love you!
5. They would do anything for you and already have. Your Brother is your Redeemer. He has suffered the pains, anguish, failures, betrayals, mockeries, sicknesses, sorrows, and sins of the entire human race so that you, His family, could have the chance to succeed.
6. He is there for you. He will never leave your side. He is your Savior.
What to Do:
1. Love Them back. Serve Them as They unfailingly serve you. (Hint: trust someone who is doing it every day–serving God is the only lasting way to pure happiness!)
2. Take joy and enthusiasm from the knowledge of such truths!
3. Smile 🙂
6. If there is anything “virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy… seek after these things.” (Articles of Faith 1:13) By keeping His commandments and seeking after good your whole life, you will find a much greater fullness of living!
“My dear brothers and sisters, it may be true that man is nothing in comparison to the greatness of the universe. At times we may even feel insignificant, invisible, alone, or forgotten. But always remember—you matter to Him! … The most powerful Being in the universe is the Father of your spirit. He knows you. He loves you with a perfect love.
God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season—He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him.
May we ever believe, trust, and align our lives so that we will understand our true eternal worth and potential.”
–Dieter F. Uchtdorf, an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ
October 2011 General Conference Address–“You Matter to Him”